Is it just me, or do you feel like Thanksgiving is often overlooked? I mean between Halloween, Christmas, and New Years, there is barely enough time to breathe, let alone decorate your house with turkeys! I guess that is why the holidays, although being the most magical and heartwarming time of year, are also the most stressful!
You must try to understand my shock when I finally looked up and realized that the Fall foods were rapidly leaving the shelves, being replaced by gingerbread, eggnog, and everything spiced. So as you could probably guess, I rushed to the store to buy a can pumpkin puree, determined to finish this season off with a bang!
There isn’t another sauce out there that embodies the taste of Fall quite like this pumpkin alfredo! With its creamy base and Pumpkin-y notes, you will be wishing it was Fall all year round!
- 1 TBS Salted Butter
- 1 TBS Minced Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2-4 TBS Pasta Water
- After you have cooked your pasta noodles, set aside a little bit of pasta water
- Sautee butter and garlic in a skillet on low heat until fragrant
- Add in the pumpkin puree and half and half (make sure to frequently stir)
- Once that is combined, add in your Parmesan cheese (keep stirring)
- Once that has completely incorporated, start to add in the pasta water (or plain water) until you reach your desired consistency. and simmer on low until fully incorporated
- Mix your pumpkin sauce with pasta for a delicious Fall themed meal