Scroll down for recipe and instructional video…
Ok unpopular opinion here, but I don’t like pancakes! I know I know… how could I?! But it’s true! In my opinion they are too thick and cakey. It’s almost too much. That’s why crepes are the next best thing for me! They are thin, light, and can be filled with almost anything! Once you get the cooking technique down, it’s one of the easiest recipes to whip up. What’s not to love!
So what exactly is a crepe?
Well a crepe is basically a very thin pancake that is usually filled with a variety of toppings. There are generally two different variations of the recipe: a sweet crepe or a savory one. They originated out of west France and are most commonly consumed in Europe, but it is also a favorite among other regions as well.
You most likely already have all of the ingredients to make these. Another reason as to why crepes are the absolute best! All it takes to make this yummy recipe is…
- Gluten Free Flour
Easy right?! Those 5 ingredients are all it takes!
There are a million different flavor combos and fillings to spice up your crepes! Here are some of my favorites…
- Peanut butter and banana
- Peach jam and cream cheese
- Nutella and Strawberries
- Ham and cheese
- Pizza inspired
Now the reason you came…
The Best Gluten-free Crepes
- 1 Cup flour
- 2 Large eggs
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Whisk until everything is incorporated and there are no more lumps in the batter.
- Cover and put in the fridge for 30 min to an hour.
- Grease a small/ medium pan over medium heat.
- Take around 1/4 cup batter and pour onto skillet.
- Swirl the batter around in the skillet until it is evenly coating the bottom of the pan. (Video instruction down below)
- Cook around 2 min or until the crepe starts to bubble. (If it is undercooked, you will not be able to properly flip it.)
- Flip the crepe.
- Slide off the pan and enjoy!