Satisfy your sweet tooth with (Gluten Free) No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars. Made with only 5 ingredients, these are the perfect dessert for anytime of day.
I don’t know about you, but I have a huge sweet tooth! After dinner I need something sweet, and let’s be honest… sometimes fruit just doesn’t cut it. I do not want a bowl of yogurt, I want a fudgy, chocolatey dessert! Anybody else?! Well, if that’s you or you know anyone like that, then I am about to rock your world!
These gluten free, dairy free, and vegan No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars are all the fun of eating cookie dough from the bowl, but without the salmonella poisoning! So that’s a win-win in my book. Made with all natural ingredients such as pure maple syrup, GF flour, and creamy peanut butter, these bars had me making multiple trips to the fridge for another one.
Ingredients in Cookie Dough Bars:
These are no-bake bars, which means that we will not be using eggs, but we don’t need them! The peanut butter creates all the structure needed to keep these bars from falling apart. Plus, it adds a super creamy texture and a deliciously nutty taste!
These bars have no need for sugar as we are using maple syrup. Which, in my opinion, is 10x better than store-bought white sugar.
The next ingredient is flour… which is a whole topic, so keep scrolling for info on that!
Lastly we have chocolate and coconut oil for the top. The chocolate layer is completely optional, but absolutely recommended!
Heat- Proofing Flour
Basically, flour is not recommended to be eaten raw. This is for the same reason you are not supposed to eat raw eggs, but let’s be honest we have all done it! The safest way to eat raw flour is to heat-proof it in the microwave before. This ensures that all of the bacteria is killed off before ingesting! So before assembling these bars, just simply put your cup of flour in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. Let cool off, and continue baking!
Now for the reason you came…
(Gluten Free) No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars
- 3/4 Cup Gluten Free Flour ( I used Bob’s Red Mill GF 1:1 Ratio Baking Flour)
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup All-Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Non-Dairy Milk (if needed)
- Put your GF flour in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 1 1/2 min
- Let cool down, then line an 8×8 glass dish with parchment paper (or coconut oil)
- Mix together Peanut Butter, Maple Syrup, and GF Flour in a bowl
- Mix in half the chocolate chips, then press the batter into your lined dish
- Next, put the rest of your chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave
- Microwave at 30 sec intervals until fully melted *make sure not to over-microwave the chocolate, because there is no coming back from burnt chocolate!
- Pour the melted chocolate over your No-Bake Cookie Dough and pop in the fridge or freezer until hardened!
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
This can be kept in a tight-sealed container in the fridge for up to a week!
GF Flour: you can use any type of flour, just remember to heat-proof it. (Instructions above)
Maple Syrup: This can be substituted for any natural liquid sweetener, such as Agave or Brown Rice Syrup!
Peanut Butter: Super easy to sub for! You can use any type of Nut or Seed Butter. (Ex. Almond Butter, Sun Butter, Cashew Butter, Wow Butter)