One of my favorite Christmas traditions is decorating sugar cookies!
These cut-out sugar cookies don’t spread which make them perfect for decorating! Just choose your favorite cookie cutter and voila!
- 1 Cup cold butter
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 – 4 Cups GF 1:1 baking flour
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. (see bottom for more info)
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly add in the flour until a dough consistency is formed.
- Roll out the dough into an even sheet on either parchment paper or a floured surface
- Cut out shapes in the dough using your favorite cookie cutters!
- Chill for 30 min in the fridge or 15 in the freezer. (super important!!)
- Preheat oven to 350 f, while the dough is chilling!
- Bake for 8-12 min
- Let cool then enjoy!
What is Creaming?
According to LandoLakes.com, “creaming means mixing butter and sugar together on a moderately high speed until well blended, fluffy and pale yellow.”
I did this using a food processor, but you could also use a mixer, automated whisk, or if you are feeling crazy… a handheld whisk!