Using Full Green’s Sweet Potato Rice Packets
Why riced sweet potato?
I don’t know about you, but I am a lazy baker! If there is a shortcut, rest assured I will find it! Sometimes this does get me into trouble while cooking. In fact, just the other day, I was baking and was too impatient to let the oven fully heat up… let’s just say that dish was somehow completely burnt on the outside but raw in the middle! Please tell me other people can relate?!
Anyways… if there is a shortcut or time saver out there, then I am all about it! That’s why I used Full Greens Riced Sweet Potato for this recipe. One minute in the microwave and BOOM, cooked sweet potato ready for use! Of course you can always bake this recipe the old-fashioned way, using a raw sweet potato, but that’s just not how I roll. For more info on that check down below!
Let’s talk toppings…
I mean let’s be honest, sweet potato casserole just ain’t sweet potato casserole without all the toppings! I personally am a marshmallow kind of gal! I pile them on!
Now although this step isn’t necessary, I highly recommend adding it! The crunch from the pecans really help to balance out the creaminess of the sweet potato base. Plus it’s sweet, so the indulgence level goes up 1000%!
If you can’t find Full Green’s Riced Sweet Potato packets or any pre-made purées, then regular sweet potatoes will work just fine! Just take 2 large sweet potatoes, poke some holes in them using a fork, roast in the oven until fully tender, and continue following steps 3-9 in the directions below. (The average roasting time is 400 F for 60 min).
To make this recipe dairy-free, just replace the butter with margarine!
Single Serve Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving size: 2
Prep time: 20 min
Total time: 40 min
Sweet Potato Base:
- 2 Full Green Riced Sweet Potato packets
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp salt
Pecan Topping and Marshmallows:
- 1/4 Cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Lots of mini marshmallows
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Take your Fullgreen Riced Sweet Potato packets and microwave them according to the instructions.
- Take your food processor and blend the microwaved sweet potato until smooth.
- Add in the remaining base ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into 2 oven-safe ramekins (dividing evenly between both)
- Make your pecan topping by mixing all the ingredients (except the marshmallows) in a separate bowl
- Sprinkle the topping on top of the sweet potato mixture dividing equally between the two
- Place your desired amount of mini marshmallows on top and bake for 25 min on 350 F
If you like this recipe, then please let me know! Tag me here…
Check out my Instagram!!