Keep scrolling for the recipe…
There are very few recipes that scream “HOLIDAYS” like Christmas Crack! I remember growing up that my favorite part of the holidays were the parties. Playing with cousins, swapping gifts, and of course the food were all things I looked forward to every year. And every year someone would make Christmas Crack! Of course when I went gluten free, I couldn’t have it anymore, so I decided to make my own version using gluten free crackers and dairy free chocolate!
What is Christmas Crack?
Christmas Crack very simply put is the best thing ever! Haha maybe not, but it is definitely addicting! You start with a row of crackers on a baking sheet, then pour a toffee mixture on top. Next you bake it in the oven until the toffee is hardened and chewy. Lastly you add chocolate chips on top until they melt. And BOOM… The highlight of your Christmas season!
The possibilities are endless! I topped mine with pieces of peppermint, but feel free to get creative! I have seen people top theirs with candy, nuts, pretzels, etc. The world is your oyster!
Ideas and Combinations:
- Pretzels with Sea Salt
- Peppermint pieces
- Crushed cookies
Now what you’ve been waiting for…
Serving Size: 10 people
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1/2 Cup melted butter (I used a plant-based one)
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- Gluten Free table crackers (about 20) I used the Schar brand table crackers.
- 1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: Crushed candy canes
- Place one layer of crackers onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan heat your butter and sugar until slightly boiling then simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Immediately pour the mixture on top of the crackers and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 5 minutes then take it out.
- Place your chocolate chips on top of the toffee and spread into an even layer.
- Lastly crush up and sprinkle some candy canes on top or whatever toppings you would like.
If you make this, tag me at Wheat is for wimps! I would love to see all of your creations!
Check out my Instagram!!