It’s back-to-school time, and we all know what that means… on-the-go breakfasts!
“I don’t have time for breakfast!” Is this ringing a bell?! With everyone going back to work and school, breakfast can be put on the back burner. It is hard to find the time to make a balanced breakfast every morning, am I right? Never fear!! These egg muffins are delicious, filling, low cal, and lots of other delicious adjectives!They are the perfect meal prep breakfast and can be stored up to 5 days in the fridge or 2 weeks in the freezer!
Classic Egg Muffins
Serving: 12 muffins
Prep Time: less than 10 min
Total time: 30 min
- 16 oz liquid egg whites
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and grease a muffin tin to prevent sticking
- Cut your cherry tomatoes into halves and start the assembly process
- Start by adding a mix of spinach and tomatoes to each tin until 3/4 full
- Next, pour in liquid egg whites until almost full and sprinkle with cheese
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 min
- Let cool and enjoy!!
There are a million different flavor combos you could use for this recipe… here are a few of my favorites!!
Ham and cheese
Pizza (cheese, pepperoni, marinara)
Greek (ham, feta, tomatoes, olives)
Tag me @wheatisforwimps on Instagram to see all of your amazing variations!!
One response to “Healthy Egg Muffins”
[…] Healthy Egg Muffins — WHEAT IS FOR WIMPS […]