The holidays are my favorite time of year! Between Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, there is never a dull moment. One of my favorite parts about the season is all of the traditions. Every year my family does the same thing, and every year I fall in love with it all over again. One tradition we have is setting up the Christmas tree on Thanksgiving night, while watching Elf! It never gets old!
Another tradition my family has is making Spiced Cranberry Tea. It is a secret family recipe passed down from 4 generations, so you know its good! My grandmother will always make a big pot of it and give it to us, but then we would have to wait until she made another one. You have not seen chaos until you have lived in my house when there is only one container of cranberry tea for the 4 of us! Lets just say, we get serious… but this year my grandmother finally passed down the coveted recipe so I could share it with you guys!
This tea is made in a big batch, but trust me it goes fast!
- 1 Gallon of Water
- 6 Regular Black Teabags
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 3 Tsp Whole Cloves
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 6oz. Box of Strawberry Gelatin
- 32oz. Cranberry Juice
- 32oz. Apple Juice
- 6oz. Frozen Orange Juice (no pulp)
- 3 oz. Frozen Lemonade (no pulp)
- Bring water to a boil in a big pot
- Once boiling, turn off heat and seep the tea bags for 6 minutes
- Soak cinnamon sticks and cloves in the tea for 30 minutes
- Remove the spices and stir in the sugar and gelatin until dissolved
- Lastly, stir in all the juices until combined